Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Practice Run

Scott and I decided it would be a great idea to take a quick vacation before our move. We haven't had a REAL vacation in three years. In fact, it was the last time we went to London. I don't know why we let so many years slip by before taking one. One reason was that my job didn't allow me to travel during the really affordable travel times. Another reason is that I tend to stress. Have I mentioned that?? Please, don't roll your eyes at me. I can't help it... maybe I can seek therapy for this. However, it does affect on our destination decisions. Honestly, I don't care where on earth we go, but there is a catch (and this is what causes the stress)... we must get there on a direct flight. That's the main thing. In fact, it's the only thing I ask for. This is probably why we've been to Cabo so many times, and why we chose to go there.... again. A quick two point five hour flight, easy to drive around, great resorts, and an even quicker flight home. Easy breezy.
I did have one other request this year. I wanted a room with our own private pool. This meant going to a different resort than we usually go. Scott had always wanted to stay at the One & Only Palmilla, so after checking to see if they had such a room with a pool, we booked it.
All I have to say is (and I'm putting my gay face on for this one) FABULOUSSSSSSSSSS! Because of Scott's job, we've had the opportunity to stay at some GREAT places at reasonable rates, but this place was by far the best. In fact, it was so great, we only left to eat lunch or dinner. We were just feet from the ocean, where we saw gray whales and dolphins swim by, massive waves crashing against rocks, sailboats, seabirds and a beach wedding. Plus, I've never experienced such personal service at any hotel or resort. My only complaint was that we didn't stay longer.
I also considered this my practice run for our next flight which will be the big one. Though I've traveled overseas a few times and countless times to Mexico, I never take notes. This time was a little different. The main thing we've decided is that Wednesday seems to be the day to fly. Both airports were very slow and our flight back might have had thirty people on it. The second thing is that I am checking into Global Entry (globalentry.gov). I can't wait to walk past some of these long lines (and wave at the suckas!) at check-in, entry and customs. I'll let you know the fee and if it's worth it. The last thing is that I will be asking my doctor if he can give me something to sleep while in my "condition." If the couple in front of me want to make the Mile High Club, I want to say good for them! I'll take my pill and go to sleep versus sitting there and making faces at them the entire time while they proceed to bounce around in their chairs bumping my expanding belly with my drink tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment