Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Weeks Out...

I don't have much to report this week, as far as the move is concerned. Even though we are only two weeks out (maybe not even that far), we still have none of the following:
-plane tickets
-moving date set
-work visas
-a moving date for the dogs
-a date for a garage sale
I feel certain that things will fall into place. I mean, they have to, right? We have pressure to be out of our house by May 1st. That is the day our tenant moves in. I doubt they want to bunk with us, so it could be that we are staying a couple days with my mother.
Speaking of mothers. I can't express enough gratitude to my mother for the job(s) she is undertaking while we are gone. She and Mark have, without hesitation, offered to manage our house. Meaning that the tenant calls them for everything, taking care of repairs, driving by occasionally to check things, responsible for collecting rent, getting the check to the bank and also we are having our mail forwarded to them. Oh, and during all of this... Mother and Mark have sold their house and are in the process of buying a new one. Obviously my mother can handle stress. Where do I get the lack of that???

Just so you know, my list above is being attended to. Oh, and it's not entirely an oversight on our part. We have started discussions with the moving company. They were out over a month ago to assess our storage needs. Submitted a quote to Scott's company and got approval. However, it seems that Scott's company signed off on some things that are our responsibility. We had no idea of this, since we were never sent the quote. So... here, two weeks out, they (Scott's company) finally decide to look it over and let us know our responsibilities.
I've discovered that when we need information from Scott's company or HR department, there is NO RUSH. However, when they need something from us - they need it in five minutes. It took them five months to create an expense code for our pet transportation. Meaning that we were finally allowed to talk with the pet movers a few weeks ago for the first time. Good thing we kind of already knew some of the things the dogs should have been to the vet for or we would have to find a place for Pip and Vegas to stay for SIX MONTHS. I told Scott that I'm glad it's not me talking with them, because I would have "shown my ass" months ago. I'm trying not to be that way. Really, I'm not. Despite what some of you may think.


Shut up, Caine.


3 comments:

  1. How dare you make personal remarks about my a-hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I just now seeing this and your remarks about Clifford?! Epic lulz!! I am going to miss you and your emails where we talk about Caine and his only response would be " you don't know me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have a feeling those email chains will never end.
    Oh, Caine... we DO know you. :P

    ReplyDelete