Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things Are Moving... and I Guess That Includes Us

Thanks to my husband, Scott. It's definitely not his company or me.
Let's see, we now have an appointment this week to take our fingerprints and retina scan. After this appointment, we mail our passports to the consulate in NY where they issue a work visa. This normally is several week long process, but again... we're dealing with HR people at Scott's office. These will now have a rush put on them. Not at our expense. We should have our visas back by the time we leave.
Oh... and his company is telling him not to book a flight until we have our visas in hand. Which means we might have to book the day before we leave (hopefully not)! But, hey... it's not our money (see a pattern?). At least that's my attitude since they seem to have no sense of urgency.

We have the movers scheduled to come two different days. One day will be for air and boat shipments. The other day will be the majority of our "stuff" that will remain here in storage.

We kind of have a date for the dogs to leave. This will be about one or two days after we leave. We think we are going to board them at the vet. This way they will receive their last rabies shot prior to leaving. The pet relocation will pick them up from that location and we should see them the day after we arrive.

I have my last appointment with my doctor the Tuesday before we leave. Here, I have to get all my records in order and have with me so that I can meet with a "consult" and be assigned to a midwife as soon as we get there. Yes, a midwife.
Oh, and since I have to have something to stress about every week, this one is my new obsession. I'll save all that for another blog.

And here it is.
The thing everyone has been asking....
The question we keep shrugging off.
When are you leaving????


Well, the answer to that question (assuming we get our visas back in hand by the beginning of next week) will be May 1. Yes, that's right. May Day. Scott also likes to mention that we will be taking advantage of British Bank Holidays right off the bat, he'll not have to go into work until Tuesday. Guess that means I will be familiarizing myself with a map of London that day or BBC-tv.

4 comments:

  1. We <3 you!! We will miss you! But we'll always have the interwebs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yes, I think I'll love facebook after this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... Your asses will be missed.

    You didn't mention that other stressor you have about the baby... Waiting for a whole blog entry on that one? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, saving up all that info for another blog entry.

    ReplyDelete