Monday, September 13, 2010

Bopka & Pop




Just a quick update on our past week. My dad and step-mother came for a visit. Daddy and Pat arrived on Sunday and left the following Saturday. I was so afraid that they would not make the journey over. Pat hates to fly on long flights. My dad prefers the road trip, despite the fact that he served in the Air Force. Of course, that could be the reason. He discovered Southwest for quick trips to Albuquerque, but prior to that, I think his last flight might have been during his service years.

Scott and I decided to pick places to take the folks to that involved us going by car. With a baby, this is just the easiest way to go. I haven't maneuvered the train yet with a stroller, and I'm not looking forward to it. With most of our trips being by car, this also knocked London out (for all of us to go). Scott is an excellent driver, but even he refuses to drive in London. And as for me... let's just say that I haven't tapped my side mirrors on anyone else's car, but that doesn't mean I'm ready for London driving, either. So, we chose Windsor Castle and Bath as our two day trips. Windsor was great and I highly recommend it, as long as it's times where the Queen IS NOT there. From what I understand, the state rooms are not open during her presence. And those are what you want to see. Bath was a very pretty town, and of course there are the Roman Baths. But, my favorite part was the drive there. The stretch between the highway and the actual town was amazing. I'm ready to go back with my camera.
Scott took Daddy and Pat into London for a day while I stayed home with William. It sounds like they saw a lot of things in one day and I think their favorite part was Abbey Road. It was one of the few things my dad requested to see and I'm so glad they made it up there. And yes, they took pictures crossing the street.

I'm so glad that Daddy and Pat got to see William before he got much older. Even though my dad is already a grandfather, he's glad there's finally a boy to "take on all those girls." Talk of golf lessons are already on the table and I'm sure the first set of clubs will be in Will's near future. Grandparents are great and it's nice to have them here to help out. I'm sure William will enjoy his stays at Bopka & Pop's. That poor tire swing and Pop will never get a break.

And William. Wow. He is changing so fast! He has started to become a little animated. Working up his first smile - and then pulling it off for real! I got pictures of the event... and can I tell you that I have to look at that picture all the time. It melts my heart. If I weren't in love with him before, then I am now. He doesn't sleep much during the day, and somehow that prevents Mommy from getting much done. Some days that includes getting dressed. I keep promising myself morning walks, but somehow snuggling in bed sounds a little better. Mornings are getting a little nippy and babies are just so warm.





1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures, and your description of snuggling with William is enough to melt my heart too!

    love,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete