Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blue Day


It has been a sad day for me. Today was the day that I had to wave good-bye to my mother and watch her leave our place in the back of a cab. It was a good-bye that was filled with tears and promises that October will be here soon.
Prior to this move, I've never lived more than 30-minutes from my mother's doorstep. And though there were times where a few weeks might have gone by without seeing each other, there were usually daily phone calls.
At least I moved in an age where communication is easy and cheap. Thank goodness for internet and video chats... if not, I don't think I would have been able to leave home.

My mother arrived a month ago and Mark was here for the last week. His return flight was on Sunday, my mother's followed today (two days later). I know it was hard for my mother to leave, she's already so attached to William. And of course, I feel terribly guilty for FINALLY giving her a grandchild, but then moving half way across the world to do it. I'm really starting to think about when I would like to move home. Though I am finally to a point that I am enjoying life here, I'm still homesick on occasion(s). Plus, I don't want William to miss out on the opportunity to get to know his family and friends.

I get to go through all of this happiness and sadness again in September when my father and step-mother arrive. It's so great to see family and friends, but is terribly sad when they leave. It makes you realize how much you love these people and how much you want to see them more often.

Scott has officially gone back to work. And I am officially alone with this little baby to tend to during the day. Luckily, William is a good baby and is making this parenting thing seem pretty easy to get the hang of. I hope he's not waiting to spring something on me, like colic...

Tomorrow, I plan to get things done. Cleaning house, for one. Scott has been great about helping out, but with two dogs and open windows - things get dusty in a hurry. I had planned to do these things today, but decided a nap with Will on my chest sounded better. A perfect way to celebrate his two-week birthday, I think.


1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard that would be. At least your parents are able to visit and we all know we will see you guys one day soon.

    ReplyDelete