Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Well, I guess it's the beginning of the end of my pregnancy. I woke up at 5:45 this morning, slightly stirred and then Uh OH!... my water broke. No contractions, though. So, we got up, called the midwife at the hospital. She suggested that we come in just to check things out, so we did... and as I suspected, they suggested that we go home to wait things out. A few hours later and I'm still having no contractions. Instead, I'm sitting here, catching up on facebook and a few other forums that I follow. My mother is possibly more ready than I am because her days spent with the baby are numbered before heading back to the States. However, she is passing the time with numerous projects... one being this cute little cell phone cover we saw in a magazine. She has taken the idea and fled with it, I think she's on number three or four now! So, if you have an iphone and want a funny little animal cover, I think she might have one for you.

We are thinking of getting up and making a blackberry pie. We discovered that wild blackberries are EVERYWHERE and we see no one picking them. But, that didn't stop us from picking a giant bowl of them. The neighborhood we live in is having a party tomorrow and we had planned to attend (you know... if I was home and able). The tickets said to bring a dish and a bottle of wine, so our dish was going to be this "local" blackberry pie/cobbler. Guess if we don't get to go, then I'll just have to eat it by myself. Not sure if I can handle that one (says the one that might now have permanently stained purple teeth and tongue)!

Oh, back to the baby. If I don't have contractions by Monday morning, then I go in to be induced. So, I guess I had better get off my butt and get moving... try to move this along as naturally as possible. Hopefully the next time I post, it will be about my birth experience (not to graphic, of course) in the UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment